    the framework that set folders/files permission, assign quotas to users.

    Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

    Samuel

    Samuel Shum, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Samuel Shum

    Gert Pfeifer Guest

    Try the classes System.IO.FileInfo or System.IO.DirectoryInfo to read or set
    attributes to files or dirs. They are using FileAttributes-Enumeration.

    Gert Pfeifer, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Samuel Shum

    Samuel Shum Guest

    Thanks for the information, but it seems that the classes are not for
    folder/file security permission. Say "UserA" under "CertainGroup" has full
    access for directory "DirectoryA" whereas other members inside this group
    have "read" access only and so on.

    The "FileIOPermission" class under "System.Security.Permissions" seems to be
    close, but I still can't figure out how to solve the problem with it...

    Samuel

    Samuel Shum, Jul 8, 2004