setting of session values from a script for the same session in which it is running

King_Kong

Can somebody help me with the following problem..i am stuck at a
point........
i want to execute shell commands from a perl script..
which r dynamic in nature...
one set of commands set the environment for the succeeding commands.
but the prob is the environment set is not in the same session as the
next command .. so my next set of commands fail

how do i set the session(or run the commands in the same session in
which the script it self is running)...

eg.

$ perl a.pl (in a.pl we have 2 sets of commands 'setenviroment` and
'take action')
this must be equivlent to=>
$setenvironment
$perl a.pl

but the trick is the setenvironment function chages dynamically reading
from a file.

prompt suggestions r requested..

Brian McCauley

King_Kong wrote:

[ snip FAQ: "I {changed directory, modified my environment} in a perl
script. How come the change disappeared when I exited the script? How
do I get my changes to be visible?" ]
prompt suggestions r requested..

I suggest you promptly consult the FAQ.