setting Onclick and setting the ClientID in behind code isn't working in Mozilla

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by davidr@sharpesoft.com, Aug 22, 2006.

    I have in my behind code a user control with the following in Page
    Load:

    this.btn.Attributes.Add("onclick", "SetDivder(" +
    this.divContainer.ClientID + ");");

    In Internet Explorer I can press the button of the usr control and use
    the object that is pass to the javascript function. In Mozilla, when I
    click the button nothing happens.
    For Mozilla if I remove the "this.divContainer.ClientID" and replace
    it with"null" or just pass no parameters to the javascript function I
    am then able to do alert('test'), but if I pass in at all
    "this.divContainer.ClientID" to the javascript function the
    alter('test'); will never fire. Is there a reason why you can't
    predefine an object or what is being passed into the javascript
    function in Mozilla, but can in Internet Explorere? Also, I have my
    javascript function declared one time in the main.aspx page, so
    dropping mutliple user controls on the same page will not create
    multiple defintions of the javascipt function:

    function SetDivder() //doesn't work if you put SetDivider(obj) and
    pass in ClientID
    {
    alert('test')
    }