setting Onclick and setting the ClientID in behind code isn't working in Mozilla

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by davidr@sharpesoft.com, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm reposting hoping to get a reply, my last one got bumped down
    because I posted in the late day.

    Hi,

    I have in my behind code a user control with the following in Page
    Load:

    this.btn.Attributes.Add("onclick", "SetDivder(" +
    this.divContainer.ClientID + ");");

    In Internet Explorer I can press the button of the usr control and use
    the object that is pass to the javascript function. In Mozilla, when I
    click the button nothing happens.
    For Mozilla if I remove the "this.divContainer.ClientID" and replace
    it with"null" or just pass no parameters to the javascript function I
    am then able to do alert('test'), but if I pass in at all
    "this.divContainer.ClientID" to the javascript function the
    alter('test'); will never fire. Is there a reason why you can't
    predefine an object or what is being passed into the javascript
    function in Mozilla, but can in Internet Explorere? Also, I have my
    javascript function declared one time in the main.aspx page, so
    dropping mutliple user controls on the same page will not create
    multiple defintions of the javascipt function:

    function SetDivder() //doesn't work if you put SetDivider(obj) and
    pass in ClientID
    {
    alert('test')

    }

    Thanks,

    David

    , Aug 22, 2006

  2. RE: setting Onclick and setting the ClientID in behind code isn't work

    Try this:

    this.btn.Attributes.Add("onclick", "SetDivder('" +
    this.divContainer.ClientID + "');");

    -- I put single quotes around the "this.divContainer.ClientID" - which is a
    string.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Aug 22, 2006

    Re: setting Onclick and setting the ClientID in behind code isn't work

    That worked. Thank you! As I noticed in IE when you exclude the
    singal qutoes it passes in the specific object. Mozilla doesn't
    interpret the straight ClientID as an object. By adding the single
    quotes the ClientID is passed in as a string and then I just leverage
    the document.getelementbyID('test') to get the object and use it, which
    both ID and Mozilla interpret.

    Again,

    Thanks,

    David