    I mean, asp session id is stored in a cookie and like any other cookie
    it should have properties (or attributes), how can I control it?

    Yossi.

    Yossi, Nov 21, 2004

  2. Yossi

    Steven Burn Guest

    Are you talking about cookies (stored on the visitors computer), or
    "session" cookies (stored in the servers memory)?

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Yossi

    Evertjan. Guest

    Steven Burn wrote on 21 nov 2004 in

    > Are you talking about cookies (stored on the visitors computer), or
    > "session" cookies (stored in the servers memory)?

    Not quite.

    Session cookies, like all cookies, are stored at the client.

    A session cookie [= a cookie, set without explicit expiration] expires when
    the connecion is lost, if the browser behaves as intended. Some call it a
    ram-cookie, because it is not stored on the client's hard disk.

    A session variable [did you mean that?] however is stored on the server and
    is kept till the session is timed out or abandoned. However a session is
    only viable while and if the client keeps the session-id cookie, which to
    the client is a normal session cookie [see above].

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 22, 2004
  4. Yossi

    Steven Burn Guest

    Cheers for the correction Evertjan ;o) (and yep, I meant session variables
    (gotten used to calling them session cookies for some reason).

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Yossi

    Yossi Guest

    Hi guys,

    I was talking about the session id, which is stored as a cookie.

    I cannot control the value of the session id (and I do not want to do
    so) but I want to control it's attributes.

    Can I do that?

    Yossi, Nov 28, 2004
  6. Yossi wrote:
    > I was talking about the session id, which is stored as a cookie.
    >
    > I cannot control the value of the session id (and I do not want to do
    > so) but I want to control it's attributes.

    Any cookie can be tweaked on the client side. Assuming you can consistently
    identify the ASP session cookie, what advantage does controlling give you,
    beyond persistence?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Nov 29, 2004