Setting specific fonts in BlueJ

joemannumber1

I was directed here from the blueJ website, maybe you can help. I'm a pretty new programmer, and haven't done much, but that doesn't really matter, huh?

Anyway, I was hoping you would know the mutator method for changing a text font in the blueJ program, or if it's even possible. I have a text, 'title', that has been declared and initialized, but I can't figure out how to alter the font.

Arne Vajhøj

I was directed here from the blueJ website, maybe you can help. I'm a
pretty new programmer, and haven't done much, but that doesn't really
matter, huh?

Anyway, I was hoping you would know the mutator method for changing a
text font in the blueJ program, or if it's even possible. I have a
text, 'title', that has been declared and initialized, but I can't
figure out how to alter the font.

Font where? Console app? Swing app?

Arne

joemannumber1

Font where? Console app? Swing app?

I'm not sure any fonts are even 'installed' for lack of a better word in my program, the only thing I ever added to my blueJ program was something called objectdraw.jar, we import it before starting anything in a new class.

I really don't know
If need be, I can go on without changing the font.

Arne Vajhøj

I'm not sure any fonts are even 'installed' for lack of a better word
in my program, the only thing I ever added to my blueJ program was
something called objectdraw.jar, we import it before starting
anything in a new class.

I really don't know

Do you use System.out.println?

Or do you use JFrame, JPanel, JTextField, JLabel
etc. ?

Arne