Setting StylesheetTheme using Configuration does not work in VS-2005-Designer

Rolf Welskes

Hello,
I set in the configuration file of the application:

<system.web>

<pages styleSheetTheme="E01_Theme01" />

This works.

Now I have a SubFolder of the application with an own
WebConfig-File and there I set

<configuration>
<system.web>
<pages styleSheetTheme="E01_Theme02" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

So all pages of this SubFolder should use E01_Theme02 and not E01_Theme01.
If I start such a page it works fine.
If I see the page in VS-2005 Designer, I see the page with E01_Theme01
instead of E01_Theme02 as it should.
So VS-2005-Designer does not recognize that I have an own configuration with
a Theme in the subfolder.

You have the same problem if you use in the main configuration file:
<location path="05_SettingInConfig/SubWeb02">
<system.web>
<pages styleSheetTheme="E01_Theme02" />
</system.web>
</location>

So it seems that setting Themes for Subfolder in configuration files works
fine when the page runs,
but VS-2005-Designer is unable to work correctly.

Remark: I have now worked with VS2005 since 4 weeks to learn all what is
new.
I have very often the result: asp.net 2.0 works fine, VS-2005-Designer works
with the new features bad.
So I have the impression that VS-2005 is not good worked out. Seems there
must be very urgent an update.

Thank you for any help.
Rolf Welskes

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Rolf,

Visual Studio 2005 use IWebApplication.OpenWebConfiguration to get the web
configuration. Unfortunately, current implementation of this method only
opens root-level web.config.

You can submit your feedback at
http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210, our product
team is actively monitoring feedbacks from this site and will consider to
improve in next versions of Visual Studio. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.