setting system wide value for SYSTEM_FD_MAX

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Hemant Shah, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Hemant Shah

    Hemant Shah Guest

    Folks,

    We have several perl scripts that passes a file description to another perl
    script. This was working fine under perl 5.6 and also work fine under perl
    5.8.3 under AIX. Recently we upgraded our linux systems to 5.8.3 and the
    scripts stopped working unless I manually increase the valuse of
    SYSTEM_FD_MAX in the script.

    What is difference between perl 5.8.3 on AIX and Linux?
    How can I set system wide value to SYSTEM_FD_MAX or ^F?

    Thanks.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign

    Hemant Shah, Apr 15, 2004