Setting tab order

Guest

Pardon for the newbie question...I need to set the tab order in our apsx app that steps through the page controls then through the datagrid (when in edit mode)...I tried setting the tab order index in VS.net but it appears to ignore the tab order I set. The problem is that the tab order starts in the order that the page is laid out then once in the datagrid tabs through the headers (don't want) before reaching the textboxes...this is expected behavior if I didn't mess with the tab order index but....help?

TIA
Will