Setting the default font for the page

Joshua Beall

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the default font that the browser renders text in,
with plain HTML? I thought I remembered a way to do that, but I can seem to
remember. Is CSS the only solution? Not that CSS is bad or anything, it is
just bugging me because I thought there was a way to do it without CSS.

-Josh

David Dorward

Joshua said:
Is there a way to change the default font that the browser renders text
in, with plain HTML?
No.

Is CSS the only solution?
Yes.

Not that CSS is bad or anything, it is just bugging me because I thought
there was a way to do it without CSS.

There shouldn't be a way to do anything presentational without CSS (or
another style language).

Chris Leonard

Is there a way to change the default font that the browser renders text

David.

There is a way to do this using the <BASEFONT> tag. It uses the attributes
size, color and face.

I've heard it's not really legal however, is this true do you know ?

I agree with you however, CSS is the best option..

Chris

andy johnson

With HTML <FONT> being outlawed by the United Nations World Internet
Congress 2003, and enforced by the Polizia de Internetia, you will be
best served by going to Google and use "CSS fonts" as a search
criteria. You'll get your answer a dozen times over. CSS is cool, and
easy.

-
Andy

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)