Setting the SOAP header value?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Dave, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi, I'm using .NET 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. I just
    want understand something on setting the SOAP headers in
    a client app. At...

    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/secure
    services.aspx

    It states the following on how set the username/password
    in client aspx.

    Dim h As New HeaderService
    Dim myHeader As New AuthHeader
    myHeader.Username = "JohnDoe"
    myHeader.Password = "password"
    h.AuthHeader = myHeader
    Dim result As String = h.SecureMethod()

    However, when followed this example the h.AuthHeader
    wasn't available. Instead the h.sHeader (the public
    variable declared as type AuthHeader in the Web Service)
    was available instead.

    It still worked but I've seen other examples that
    reference the actual SOAP Header class name instead of
    the variable name or even a property
    called "AuthHeaderValue" in ASP.NET Unleashed and on
    MSDN. Are these typos, changes in .NET versions, or am
    I not seeing something?

    Dave, Oct 27, 2003