    I mean something like: <table width="100%-70px" style="margin-left:20px">

    The above is not valid, but how can I do such a thing?

    Jens

    Jens Lenge, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Jens Lenge

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Jens Lenge said:

    > Hello world,

    hes not here today

    > what are my chances to make a table cover the total page width (like 100%),

    100%

    > but leave a fixed spacing at both sides (like 20 pixels left border and 50
    > pixels right border)?

    i assume you mean margins rather than borders:

    div{margin-left:20px;margin-right:50px;}
    table{width:100%;}

    however:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    > I mean something like: <table width="100%-70px" style="margin-left:20px">

    aaahaaaaaa

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Jens Lenge

    Jens Lenge Guest

    >> Hello world,
    > hes not here today

    Well, then:
    Hi brucie (and all those who are here today)!

    > i assume you mean margins rather than borders:

    Sure, you're right.

    > div{margin-left:20px;margin-right:50px;}
    > table{width:100%;}

    Perfect. Thank you!

    > however:
    > http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    Yes, I know, no tables for layout.
    Yet this table is a 'true' table with table data in it.

    Jens

    Jens Lenge, Oct 18, 2004