setting the width of a table

Jens Lenge

Hello world,

what are my chances to make a table cover the total page width (like 100%),
but leave a fixed spacing at both sides (like 20 pixels left border and 50
pixels right border)?

I mean something like: <table width="100%-70px" style="margin-left:20px">

The above is not valid, but how can I do such a thing?

Jens

brucie

In alt.html Jens Lenge said:
Hello world,

hes not here today
what are my chances to make a table cover the total page width (like 100%),
100%

but leave a fixed spacing at both sides (like 20 pixels left border and 50
pixels right border)?

i assume you mean margins rather than borders:

div{margin-left:20px;margin-right:50px;}
table{width:100%;}

however:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
I mean something like: <table width="100%-70px" style="margin-left:20px">

aaahaaaaaa

Jens Lenge