setting the width of a table

ppcguy

is there a way i can set the width of a table to
the min of a pre-defined pixel width or the page width.

i.e. i'd like to set the width to lesser of 800 or the width.

i'm trying to display some text - that i'd like to display
right justified on the page and like it to be visible. the
page itself could be wide - i.e. scrollbars.

i'd like to avoid using frames.

Neredbojias

Robert Frost-Bridges

Neredbojias wrote:

Ahem. No, he needs to use max-width. <smug grin>

table {
width:100%;
max-width:800px;
}

Of course this won't work in the redoubtable IE so a js routine will be
required for that.

Ah of course. I read it t'other way round. Good job someone's awake.

regards,