Setting Tomcat's file encoding to UTF-8

soccer

I need help configuring Tomcat to use UTF-8 as it's file encoding.
From the following page:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/Tomcat/UTF_2d8 I need to do
this:
2. In the Catalina.bat (windows) catalina.sh (windows)
apache$jakarta_config.com (OpenVMS), file there must be a switch added
to the call to java.exe. The switch is:

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I add a line to the catalina.sh to modify the JAVA_OPTS. Do this somewhere in the file before that variable gets set by the script. All settings of this variable will add on to what you have set.

The syntax I used:
JAVA_OPTS="-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1"