setting up j2ee 1.3 RI

ros

Hello,

I am trying to set up J2EE 1.3 RI on one of my machines for running
sample applications from the book Head First EJB.

But when I try to run this server I get the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HFEcode\HFEJBCODE
\advice>j2ee -v
erbose
ERROR: Set J2EE_HOME to the path of a valid j2sdkee.

I have already set the path of J2EE_HOME to C:\j2sdkee1.3.1

I do not understand why it isn't working and would be really thankful
if somebody could help me with this.

Thanks
Ricky

Lew

ros said:
Hello,

I am trying to set up J2EE 1.3 RI on one of my machines for running
sample applications from the book Head First EJB.

But when I try to run this server I get the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HFEcode\HFEJBCODE
\advice>j2ee -v
erbose
ERROR: Set J2EE_HOME to the path of a valid j2sdkee.

I have already set the path of J2EE_HOME to C:\j2sdkee1.3.1

I do not understand why it isn't working and would be really thankful
if somebody could help me with this.

The usual way to run J[2]EE applications is in an application engine such as
Tomcat, Sun App Server, WebSphere, Oracle App Server, BEA's, JBoss, just to
name a few. They take care of setting J2EE_HOME and the like for you.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

ros said:
I am trying to set up J2EE 1.3 RI on one of my machines for running
sample applications from the book Head First EJB.

But when I try to run this server I get the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HFEcode\HFEJBCODE
\advice>j2ee -v
erbose
ERROR: Set J2EE_HOME to the path of a valid j2sdkee.

I have already set the path of J2EE_HOME to C:\j2sdkee1.3.1

I do not understand why it isn't working and would be really thankful
if somebody could help me with this.

If you do a:

SET J2EE_HOME

before you use the j2ee command do you see the correct path ?

Arne

PS: J2EE 1.3 is very old. And the RI was really bad as an app server.
Why not use something newer ?