    anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past the
    'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to set
    up IIs correctly or if its even possible.
    KOT, Aug 6, 2004

  2. > anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past
    > the
    > 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
    > set
    > up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

    What's a "II"? Anyway, the fastest way to get up and running if you're
    having problems, and the docs isn't doing it, is to get on the
    #rubyonrails channel on FreeNet. Friendly people who love to help
    newcomers get on Rails.
    --
    David Heinemeier Hansson,
    http://www.rubyonrails.org/ -- Web-application framework for Ruby
    David Heinemeier Hansson, Aug 6, 2004

  3. David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:

    >> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past the
    >> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
    >> set
    >> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

    > What's a "II"?

    Microsoft's IIS webserver.

    --
    Rando Christensen
    <>
    Rando Christensen, Aug 6, 2004
  4. David Heinemeier Hansson <> writes:

    >> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck
    >> past the
    >> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how
    >> to set
    >> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

    > What's a "II"? Anyway, the fastest way to get up and running if you're
    > having problems, and the docs isn't doing it, is to get on the
    > #rubyonrails channel on FreeNet. Friendly people who love to help
    > newcomers get on Rails.

    You mean FreeNode, I assume. The IRC server is at irc.freenode.org.

    mikael
    Mikael Brockman, Aug 6, 2004
  5. KOT

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    Rando Christensen wrote:

    > David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:
    >
    > >> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much

    > luck past the
    > >> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
    > >> set
    > >> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

    > > What's a "II"?

    > Microsoft's IIS webserver.

    For those who care, it Microsoft's Internet Information Server.

    Curt
    Curt Hibbs, Aug 6, 2004
  6. >>> anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck
    >>> past the
    >>> 'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how
    >>> to set
    >>> up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

    >> What's a "II"?

    > Microsoft's IIS webserver.

    Ahh. I'm not used to Microsoft slang. Apologies.

    Rails should work fine in both CGI and FCGI modes on MS. But I wouldn't
    really know. Most people seem to prefer either Apache or WEBrick. Even
    on Windows.
    David Heinemeier Hansson, Aug 6, 2004