Setting up Rails on IIs

KOT

anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past the
'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to set
up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

David Heinemeier Hansson

anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck past
the
'congrats' screen. ruby is working fine...just cant figure out how to
set
up IIs correctly or if its even possible.

What's a "II"? Anyway, the fastest way to get up and running if you're
having problems, and the docs isn't doing it, is to get on the
#rubyonrails channel on FreeNet. Friendly people who love to help
newcomers get on Rails.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.rubyonrails.org/ -- Web-application framework for Ruby

Mikael Brockman

David Heinemeier Hansson said:
What's a "II"? Anyway, the fastest way to get up and running if you're
having problems, and the docs isn't doing it, is to get on the
#rubyonrails channel on FreeNet. Friendly people who love to help
newcomers get on Rails.

You mean FreeNode, I assume. The IRC server is at irc.freenode.org.

mikael

David Heinemeier Hansson

anyone who can help me get this going? i hanvent had much luck
Microsoft's IIS webserver.

Ahh. I'm not used to Microsoft slang. Apologies.

Rails should work fine in both CGI and FCGI modes on MS. But I wouldn't
really know. Most people seem to prefer either Apache or WEBrick. Even
on Windows.