Setting Window Title On New Window

Daniel Morrissey

Why will the following code not change the window title of the new window?

window.open "Default.htm" ,"YO"

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Is "YO" not being put in the title of the browswer. It should be with the
IE setting title name appended to it.

Unless there is a broswer setting that is preventing it, syntaxtically that
is correct.

bill

Daniel Morrissey

No, "YO" is not showing up in the browser title. Also, if the variable that
I pass to the title argument of the open method contains a space, I get an
error in the browser's status panel.

Vidar Petursson

Hi

This is the name of the window not the title
<title>MyWindow</title>
So you have to set the title....

Probably you can do this in the child
document.write("<title>" + window.name + "</title>");

--
Best Regards
Vidar Petursson