Setting WMODE in a Flash Object with JavaScript?

parksch2

Is this possible? Basically I need to grab all the flash objects on the
page (done) and then set the wmode to transparent so it doesn't mess up
my DHTML menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Martin Honnen

Is this possible? Basically I need to grab all the flash objects on the
page (done) and then set the wmode to transparent so it doesn't mess up
my DHTML menu.

I don't think it is possible to change the wmode of an already rendered
plugin content, all you could do is create new <object> respectively
<embed> obects with all params/attributes copied but wmode set as needed
and then replace the existing <object>/<embed> elements. But of course
that means those Flash movies load againg/start from the beginning.

parksch2

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the response. My problem is that I don't have much control
over these object tags. They are coming from an ad server on my domain.
I'm simply trying to add the wmode to the flash objects that people
insert into the ad server in order to keep them from appearing on top
of my DHTML menu. I can suggest this as a best practice but thought
that if there was a way to programmatically do it, I would. Any ideas?