    my DHTML menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    , Jul 7, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > Is this possible? Basically I need to grab all the flash objects on the
    > page (done) and then set the wmode to transparent so it doesn't mess up
    > my DHTML menu.

    I don't think it is possible to change the wmode of an already rendered
    plugin content, all you could do is create new <object> respectively
    <embed> obects with all params/attributes copied but wmode set as needed
    and then replace the existing <object>/<embed> elements. But of course
    that means those Flash movies load againg/start from the beginning.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jul 8, 2005

    Hey Martin,

    Thanks for the response. My problem is that I don't have much control
    over these object tags. They are coming from an ad server on my domain.
    I'm simply trying to add the wmode to the flash objects that people
    insert into the ad server in order to keep them from appearing on top
    of my DHTML menu. I can suggest this as a best practice but thought
    that if there was a way to programmatically do it, I would. Any ideas?
    , Jul 8, 2005