Setup of IIS6 server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by __Stephen, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. __Stephen

    __Stephen Guest

    Not finding assistnace on a networking site so I thought that I'd post this
    here as well.

    I have a rebuild of a server and we took the OS to 2003 for 2000.

    I am confused on setting up IIS6.

    This is a stage server and will have 2 IP's .56 and .32 I have the IP's
    bound to the NIC and they ping through the DNS like it use to.

    I have internal sites going to .56 and external sites going to .32

    I can set the WEB Site pointing to my primary subfolder for each envionment.
    www.myplace.com = d:\internal www.ourplace.com = d:\external

    I can't get our various sub dirs in each envornment to work.
    www.myplace.com/admin should kick off the default.asp page in
    d:\internal\admin\ Unfortunalty it doesn't :(

    I can't get any of the sub dirs to display in either internal or external???
    they would be admin \ cbd \ orders \ products \ ....

    I have tried to do the virtual site in IIS, and that hasn't worked. I tried
    the old school method in the explorer for Web Sharing. Neither has seemed
    to work.

    What have I missed?

    TIA

    __Stephen
    __Stephen, Dec 28, 2005

  2. __Stephen

    __Stephen Guest

    "__Stephen" <> wrote in message
    > Not finding assistnace on a networking site so I thought that I'd post
    > this here as well.

    I found it
    __Stephen, Dec 28, 2005