Setup problem under W2K

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Urs Vogel, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Urs Vogel

    Urs Vogel Guest

    Hi

    My setup (VS.Net 2003 created msi) creates the virtual folder, copies all
    requied files to this directory, and the web page works without any
    problems, under XP Pro and Window 2003 Server.

    But it fails under W2K Servers. The effect is that the setup installs all
    files, but wen firing up the initial page, TextBox(es) and Buttons in the
    login page are not displayed, all I can see is the Labels and the jpg images
    of the logo. The W2K server has the latest IIS for this O/S (5.1x), all SPs
    and patches are applied.

    The page is very simple and uses standard Label, TextBox and Button Controls
    (System.Web.UI.WebControls).

    Q1: Is there a particular setting in the setup or the app project which I
    have to cosnider for W2K servers?

    Q2: Is there a setting on W2K servers which I have to consider?

    Thanks for your help.

    Urs

    Urs Vogel, Jun 3, 2004