    when run on the development machine. There are no error
    during creation of the release setup.

    Thanks for any ideas/advice.
    Richard Roche, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Richard Roche

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Richard,

    After you add the form, have you recompile the project and generate the DLL
    and copy the DLL to the BIN folder on the server?

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    MSFT, Dec 17, 2003

  3. I have been using a 'setup' project that builds a .msi
    file and use add/remove on the server then then run the
    setup. I've done it many times and this is the first
    gottcha. I always change the solution configuration
    to 'release' and change the web.config to debug=false.
    Before i install i checked the folder on the server and
    the dll is removed. After setup it was there w/ the
    correct date.

    I'm really puzzled. thanks for your ideas.

    and confers no

    Richard Roche, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Richard Roche

    MSFT Guest

    Form further trouble shoot, you may use the utility "ildasm.exe" in .NET
    framework, and the DLL file in the BIN folder (on the web server), check if
    the type for the new webform has been added to the assembly. And you also
    can add new form again to the project, leave it simple and blank and the
    test it on the server, will this form work?

    MSFT, Dec 18, 2003
  5. ildasm shows the form causing me grief.

    I added a new form w/ nothing in it and get the same error
    when i try to navigate to it. Everything works fine in
    test. I'm going to try and install on another machine.
    see below. any suggestions?

    Server Error in '/Sheep' Application.
    ---------------------

    Parser Error
    resource required to service this request. Please review
    the following specific parse error details and modify your
    source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Sheep.nada'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="nada.aspx.vb" Inherits="Sheep.nada"%>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
    Transitional//EN">
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: G:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Sheep\nada.aspx Line: 1

    ---------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
    Richard Roche, Dec 18, 2003
  6. interesting

    i installed on a 2003 test server and things ran perfectly!
    That was a relief.

    we are going to fail-over or a full re-boot tonight.

    Is there a way to see if my dll is 'stuck' in iis 's
    memory?

    Any other trouble shooting ideas?

    Thanks.
    Richard Roche, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Richard Roche

    MSFT Guest

    RE: interesting

    Hi Richard,

    A complete rebbot may help on this issue. Additonally, you check if your
    application has some special setting for assembly versions.

    MSFT, Dec 19, 2003