setup.rb and shared data

Stefan Rusterholz

Hi

I'm using rake+setup.rb to create a gem. It has a data-dir which is
supposed to go into the shared data directory. My issue now is: how do I
know in the executable where that data-dir went?
Similar thing for the conf directory.

Regards
Stefan

Stefan Rusterholz

Stefan said:
Hi

I'm using rake+setup.rb to create a gem. It has a data-dir which is
supposed to go into the shared data directory. My issue now is: how do I
know in the executable where that data-dir went?
Similar thing for the conf directory.

Regards
Stefan

Thanks to cout in irc.freenode.org/#ruby-lang I solved my problem. In
case somebody googles this thread due to the same problem, here's the
solution:
require 'rbconfig'
data_dir = Config::CONFIG['datadir']

Regards
Stefan

Nobuyoshi Nakada

Hi,

At Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:22:48 +0900,
Stefan Rusterholz wrote in [ruby-talk:267082]:
I'm using rake+setup.rb to create a gem. It has a data-dir which is
supposed to go into the shared data directory. My issue now is: how do I
know in the executable where that data-dir went?
Similar thing for the conf directory.

Thanks to cout in irc.freenode.org/#ruby-lang I solved my problem. In
case somebody googles this thread due to the same problem, here's the
solution:
require 'rbconfig'
data_dir = Config::CONFIG['datadir']

If you want put architecture dependent files, they shouldn't go
the shared data directory, use 'libexecdir' instead.