Sever.Execute Error

Go Live

Whenever i try to accecc HTML page through server.execute, i got this
error.

Server object error 'ASP 0228 : 80004005'

Server.Execute Error

server.execute("/folder1/htmls/" & strfilename & "_1.html")

The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

Any suggestions,

Thank you

Evertjan.

Go Live wrote on 07 dec 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Whenever i try to accecc HTML page through server.execute, i got this
error.

Server object error 'ASP 0228 : 80004005'

Server.Execute Error

server.execute("/folder1/htmls/" & strfilename & "_1.html")

The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=server.execute+while.loading>

The file cannot be found.

Please do not multipost.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Go said:
Whenever i try to accecc HTML page through server.execute, i got this
error.

Server object error 'ASP 0228 : 80004005'

Server.Execute Error

server.execute("/folder1/htmls/" & strfilename & "_1.html")

The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

Any suggestions,
Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm.
Doctor: Well, stop raising your arm ... :)

From the documentation:
Execute
The Execute method calls an .asp file and processes it as if it were part of
the calling ASP script. The Execute method is similar to a procedure call in
many programming languages.

Note the type of file it calls ..

Evertjan.

Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote on 07 dec 2007 in
Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm.
Doctor: Well, stop raising your arm ... :)

From the documentation:
Execute
The Execute method calls an .asp file and processes it as if it were
part of the calling ASP script. The Execute method is similar to a
procedure call in many programming languages.

Note the type of file it calls ..

True, Bob, but an extension does not define the type, I mean content.

A file with an .html extension could still contain only ASP code,
and with favarable IIS settings even be executed.

Yes, I know it is far fetched!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Evertjan. said:
Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote on 07 dec 2007 in

True, Bob, but an extension does not define the type, I mean content.

A file with an .html extension could still contain only ASP code,
and with favarable IIS settings even be executed.

Yes, I know it is far fetched!

I think we're saying the same thing: I said "type", not extension :)

Go Live

So what is the better solution to this problem. The file that i am
trying to execute is an .html file. Do i have to make changes in IIS
or in a code.??

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Go said:
So what is the better solution to this problem. The file that i am
trying to execute is an .html file. Do i have to make changes in IIS
or in a code.??

You can't execute a .html file: it has no code in it to be executed. You
need to clarify what you are trying to do here, especially why it needs to
be done in server-side code.

Hmmm ... maybe this will help:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/how-do-i-read-the-contents-of-a-remote-web-page.html

That's the best I can do without knowing what you expect to be getting from
that html file.