    The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

    Any suggestions,

    Thank you

    Go Live, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Go Live

    Evertjan. Guest

    Go Live wrote on 07 dec 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Whenever i try to accecc HTML page through server.execute, i got this
    > error.
    >
    > Server object error 'ASP 0228 : 80004005'
    >
    > Server.Execute Error
    >
    > server.execute("/folder1/htmls/" & strfilename & "_1.html")
    >
    > The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=server.execute+while.loading>

    The file cannot be found.

    Please do not multipost.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 7, 2007

  3. Go Live wrote:
    > Whenever i try to accecc HTML page through server.execute, i got this
    > error.
    >
    > Server object error 'ASP 0228 : 80004005'
    >
    > Server.Execute Error
    >
    > server.execute("/folder1/htmls/" & strfilename & "_1.html")
    >
    > The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.
    >
    > Any suggestions,

    Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm.
    Doctor: Well, stop raising your arm ... :)

    From the documentation:
    Execute
    The Execute method calls an .asp file and processes it as if it were part of
    the calling ASP script. The Execute method is similar to a procedure call in
    many programming languages.

    Note the type of file it calls ..

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 7, 2007
  4. Go Live

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote on 07 dec 2007 in

    > Go Live wrote:
    >> Whenever i try to accecc HTML page through server.execute, i got this
    >> error.
    >>
    >> Server object error 'ASP 0228 : 80004005'
    >>
    >> Server.Execute Error
    >>
    >> server.execute("/folder1/htmls/" & strfilename & "_1.html")
    >>
    >> The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions,
    >>

    > Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm.
    > Doctor: Well, stop raising your arm ... :)
    >

    > From the documentation:
    > Execute
    > The Execute method calls an .asp file and processes it as if it were
    > part of the calling ASP script. The Execute method is similar to a
    > procedure call in many programming languages.

    > Note the type of file it calls ..

    True, Bob, but an extension does not define the type, I mean content.

    A file with an .html extension could still contain only ASP code,
    and with favarable IIS settings even be executed.

    Yes, I know it is far fetched!

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 7, 2007

    I think we're saying the same thing: I said "type", not extension :)

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 7, 2007
  6. Go Live

    Go Live Guest

    So what is the better solution to this problem. The file that i am
    trying to execute is an .html file. Do i have to make changes in IIS
    or in a code.??

    Go Live, Dec 7, 2007
  7. Go Live wrote:
    > So what is the better solution to this problem. The file that i am
    > trying to execute is an .html file. Do i have to make changes in IIS
    > or in a code.??

    You can't execute a .html file: it has no code in it to be executed. You
    need to clarify what you are trying to do here, especially why it needs to
    be done in server-side code.

    Hmmm ... maybe this will help:
    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/how-do-i-read-the-contents-of-a-remote-web-page.html

    That's the best I can do without knowing what you expect to be getting from
    that html file.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"