Several version of Internet Explorer.

Mr. X.

Hello.
I need to check that my site works on some old versions of Intenet Explorer
(even more ... old netscape).
Explorers versions that are common now (say from IE5.5. I don't think I
should consider about IE 3).

1. Is there any site, that I can do the check (that simmulates exactly the
versions of IE, with no need of install the old versions) ?
2. When I install old versions, they overwrite the new version - I need
stand-alone old version - Where they are some ?
3. What are still the popular old IE versions ? (Also IE, netscape, mozila,
etc ...) ?

Thanks :)

Els

Mr. X. said:
I need to check that my site works on some old versions of Intenet Explorer
(even more ... old netscape).
Explorers versions that are common now (say from IE5.5. I don't think I
should consider about IE 3).

Nor 4, nor 5, and personally, I've stopped checking my sites in 5.5 as
well. So far, no client has complained.
1. Is there any site, that I can do the check (that simmulates exactly the
versions of IE, with no need of install the old versions) ?

http://www.browsercam.com/
(24 hours / 200 captures free trial period)
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/standalone

3. What are still the popular old IE versions ? (Also IE, netscape, mozila,
etc ...) ?

No idea if any of the really old ones are still popular, outside IE6.
I think IE is the only browser that people fail to update. For example
anyone still using Netscape 4, should have updated by now - I wouldn't
try and check browsers that are simply too old.

Jim Morrison

I need to check that my site works on some old versions of Intenet
Explorer
> (even more ... old netscape).
> Explorers versions that are common now (say from IE5.5. I don't think I
> should consider about IE 3).

You need to check site in many browsers and many versions of browsers (pc
browsers, mac browsers, mobile browsers and all versions). It is very hard
job. You can find some info at: http://longurl.net/CheckBrowsers.aspx