SF deploys SA, lauds P & BC

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    In Friday's occasional newsletter to registerees, SourceForge
    announced that it has deployed SpamAssassin (written in Python) and
    ClamAV to have curb the inundation. It also announced Boa Constructor
    as the SF.NET Project of the Month. The citation:

    Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
    language. Python is arguably the most exciting and innovative
    programming language available for use today. Serious programmers,
    using
    any language, need powerful tools designed to support development in
    order to be successful. Boa Constructor, SF.net's August 2003 project
    of
    the month, is Python's serious tool. Boa Constructor is an Integrated
    Development Environment (IDE) that makes writing extensive Python code
    snap. It provides an interactive debugger, text editor with
    highlighting, object inspector, integrated help and the ability to
    graphically view classes. Boa Constructor is written in Python and
    currently supports Linux and Windows. The project was founded on
    SF.NET
    in January 2001 and currently enjoys the top 10% activity ranking on
    the site.

    Project of the month: http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2003-08.php
    Summary Page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/boa-constructor/
    Home Page: http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

    Terry J. Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Terry Reedy

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Terry Reedy" <> writes:
    > In Friday's occasional newsletter to registerees, SourceForge
    > announced that it has deployed SpamAssassin (written in Python)

    Huh? There are some nice Python spam filters, but SpamAssassin is
    written in Perl.

    Paul Rubin, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Paul Rubin" <http://> wrote in message
    > "Terry Reedy" <> writes:
    > > In Friday's occasional newsletter to registerees, SourceForge
    > > announced that it has deployed SpamAssassin (written in Python)

    > Huh? There are some nice Python spam filters, but SpamAssassin is
    > written in Perl.

    Whoops, sorry, was thinking of SpamBayes.

    Terry Reedy, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Terry Reedy

    mackstann Guest

    Re: SF deploys SA, lauds P & BC [Also: CVS improvements]

    Also worthy of noting are the improvements to CVS. Anyone that uses SF
    CVS knows that public CVS has been basically daily (or so) updated
    snapshots of the real CVS, which has been a pain for fast moving
    projects, and users who want to use/test bleeding-edge code. This
    should all be resolved this week, it seems.

    ----------------- copy/paste ---------------------
    I wanted to give you a few updates on SF.NET. First, in the last
    sitewide email I described our CVS performance issues and the solution
    we are introducing to fix them. The performance increase I spoke of
    (600%+ increase) is just days away from being deployed. The new
    systems are now in place, additional electrical power has been added to
    our colocation cage, and the Linux boxes are in their final stages of
    configuration. Hang in there. Help is on the way.

    m a c k s t a n n mack @ incise.org http://incise.org
    It was one of those perfect summer days -- the sun was shining, a
    breeze was blowing, the birds were singing, and the lawn mower was
    broken ...
    -- James Dent

    mackstann, Aug 31, 2003