SGI CC compiler: What happens if I use --> #include "unistd.h" and "stdio.h"?

Discussion in 'C++' started by clusardi2k@aol.com, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to understand someone else code.

    The below compiles and works fine and dandy.

    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include "unistd.h"
    #include "stdio.h"

    Is it o'kay to change it to the below? (It may be causing me an
    error.)

    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <unistd.h>
    #include <stdio.h>

    Thank you,
    Christopher Lusarsdi

    , Sep 7, 2005

    I forgot to post that these dot h's do not exist in non system
    directories.

    Sorry,
    Chris Lusardi

    , Sep 7, 2005

  3. Re: SGI CC compiler: What happens if I use --> #include "unistd.h"and "stdio.h"?

    wrote:
    > I'm trying to understand someone else code.
    >
    > The below compiles and works fine and dandy.
    >
    > #include <sys/types.h>
    > #include "unistd.h"
    > #include "stdio.h"
    >
    > Is it o'kay to change it to the below? (It may be causing me an
    > error.)
    >
    > #include <sys/types.h>
    > #include <unistd.h>
    > #include <stdio.h>

    It "may be causing"? What do you mean? Is it causing or is it not
    causing?

    There is no standard header <unistd.h> nor "unistd.h". It's probably
    compiler-specific, so read your documentation about it. As to 'stdio.h',
    there is no form of that header that has double quotes. It _must_ be
    <stdio.h>, and never "stdio.h".

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 7, 2005