SGML Parser doesn't like <script> contents?

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:
So we must use XCSS, right? And XJavascript, XFlash, and lay it all out
with Xtables in an Xframeset!
Looks like the way to go. I'll be changing all my sites over next year.

Neal

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

Looks like the way to go. I'll be changing all my sites over next year.

Wait - what if they come out with YHTML?

Spartanicus

(Pete Cresswell) said:

Why do you persist with this useless attribution line after you've been
asked to change it?

What does that mean in English?
Oops! Just found it at W3...

Great, you've found a HTML doctype declaration, now what does this have
to do with XHTML?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

RE/ said:
The hazards of Copy/Paste.

Pete, you seem to be purposely ignoring all the requests for you to
fix your newsreader to get rid of that silly "RE/" attribute. Surely,
Forte Agent 2.0/32.652 can be set to include the person's name whom
you are quoting. Please do so.

Otherwise, have a Merry Christmas.

(Pete Cresswell)

Pete, you seem to be purposely ignoring all the requests for you to
fix your newsreader to get rid of that silly "RE/" attribute. Surely,
Forte Agent 2.0/32.652 can be set to include the person's name whom
you are quoting. Please do so.

Correct.

How does this look?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:

[ Insert: Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote: ]
Correct.

How does this look?

See how my post says: "(Pete Cresswell) wrote:" ?

Make yours do the same, with the attributed name of the person you are
replying to. I'm sure Forte's Help will tell you how to do this.

erikd

Pete, you seem to be purposely ignoring all the requests for you to
fix your newsreader to get rid of that silly "RE/" attribute. Surely,
Forte Agent 2.0/32.652 can be set to include the person's name whom
you are quoting. Please do so.

In Forte he should go to Options > General Preferences > Posting
Messages > Introductions. Change the "Followup usenet message" line to

On %date%, %from% wrote:\n

To include other variables such as the Message-ID or Newsgroup see the
Help file under "Composing an Introduction String. There's about a
dozen variables that he can use, but only a few are useful. He can
also change the non-variable text to other silliness that some posters
occasionally use.

dszady

This code:
--------------
<head>
<base target="40thPix_DisplayArea"/>
<title> Click on a small picture...</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Master.css"/>
</head>

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write("<p id='ThumbNavListloading'>Loading thumbnails, please
wait...<\/p>");
</script>
--------------

makes the W3C's SGML parser flag the 'document.write' line with
-------------------------------------
Line 12, column 45: document type does not allow element "p" here

...nt.write("<p id='ThumbNavListloading'>Loading thumbnails, please wait...<\/p>

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This
could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style"
element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that
overlap (which is not allowed). [...]
Seems like it's not buying the <script> command - but the code works, so
*somebody* is recognizing it.

Can anybody tell me where I've sinned?

This validates with 2 warnings but don't know what the scrpit will do