    With redrds,
    Nader

    , Jan 26, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I am a new user of xml. I would like to present a documentation of a
    > software system on internet. It is in html and i would like to try it
    > with XML. There are some pictures (to show the process and the lines to
    > give the input/output) in the document. I know that i can use SVG to
    > get the picture, but I don't know how i can combine them! For example I
    > have a 'a.xml' file. Is it possible to emded the dfinition of svg
    > inside the 'a.xml' file?
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <page>
    > <svg circle=...
    > </svg>
    >
    > </page>
    >
    > Or I have to write the picture in other file 'p.svg' en combine them!

    It will very much depend on the viewer whether your approach works,
    Mozilla has custom builds that support SVG embedded in X(HT)ML, of
    course you have to use the proper namespaces then on the XHTML and SVG
    elements, otherwise the browser can't know how to deal with your XML.
    IE/Win with Adobe SVG viewer has support for SVG embedded in HTML, check
    the Adobe SVG viewer and its documentation.

    You can find more about SVG here:
    <http://wiki.svg.org/>

    find more help on strategies how to use XML combined with SVG and have
    it rendered on as many user agents as possible.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 26, 2005

  3. ajm Guest

    to disply SVG on the web you need either

    * assume embedded supoprt (e.g., plug-ins) as already cited or

    * convert your svg to a more widely appreciated format (e.g.,
    rasterize the image as PNG or JPEG) etc. and link this
    into the HTML (e.g., using href or similar)

    the latter is achievable with the appropriate API etc.

    hth,
    ajm.

    ajm, Jan 27, 2005