Shame on Tucows!

Andrew

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:16:26 +0930, jmc

snip>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ooh! ooh! Can I play?

I remember connecting to bbses. I can't remember why but think I was
looking for software...

The first computer I ever owned was a Commodore Vic20. With a "tape"
drive. I was poor, so used 30-minute audio tapes for data storage.

Through some weird set of circumstances after I graduated, my Vic20
ended up in my college's "computer museum", where I saw it in the late
90s. Still had the "peek" and "poke" numbers I'd taped on it way back
when (1980 or thereabouts).

And, I was almost right, I remembered it as "The Ultimate Collection Of
Windows Software"

jmc

Hi JMC,

I have very fond memories of bbses. I use a mail reading program
called Blue Wave from memory. The messages took several days to
percolate around the world from Australia.

And the sysops of the bbs would put CD-ROMs on the bbs to browse. The
came the Internet and all the bbses died...

Andrew