Shameless Thanks and Plug - OT

dorayme

John Hosking said:
You mean the one with the great big horse's patoot? Or is that a donkey?

Um, okay. Real purty.

BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

And why do the enlargements sometimes appear at the bottom of the
window? Is there a need to provide for cursor in your css (as you do).

(Those are horses, John)

dorayme

"rf said:
Hey, is that my roo in there? I didn't think there were any roos in New
Zealand!

Funny you should say this because I was about to say that I strongly
suspected this pic was from you, old boy!

rf

dorayme said:
Funny you should say this because I was about to say that I strongly
suspected this pic was from you, old boy!

Nope. My roo us much more laid back, and has just been uploaded.

Neredbojias

You mean the one with the great big horse's patoot? Or is that a donkey?

Um, okay. Real purty.

Actually at that point I was referring the the 'dscn...' one, a vale. But
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I'm sure some horses' patoots are
attractive to those who appreciate a good equine posterior in its original
form...
BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

Oops, I dun screwed up. Will have to fix that on the next go-around.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Neredbojias

And why do the enlargements sometimes appear at the bottom of the
window?

Er, I'm not sure what you mean. The "catch page" is the normal one for the
site; it provides vertical centering which may be fouling up in your
browser. What browser and version?
Is there a need to provide for cursor in your css (as you do).

I don't like the I-beam which appears in some browsers because the pics are
justified and essentially like a line of text. However, the override
should have been cursor:default; not cursor:pointer;

Ed Jay

rf scribed:
Real Australians don't drink Fosters. Especially the rubbish the sell in the
U S of A :)

You've shattered my truth in advertising beliefs. :))

That's why I drink wine. By coincidence, tonight was a McClaren Vale Shiraz.
Is Australia still suffering drought? Are they slaughtering wool-bearing
sheep for meat? I'm seeing a lot of Australian lamb (mutton?) for sale here.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Er, I'm not sure what you mean. The "catch page" is the normal one for the
site; it provides vertical centering which may be fouling up in your
browser. What browser and version?

Safari 2

Neredbojias

I've had trouble with Safari for Windows and justification. Basically, the
"Catch Page" is a table 100% in height (which, naturally, vertically-aligns
smaller content.) I do a little bit of diddlin' for browser errors but
don't see anything that should cause a problem in that area. Perhaps in
your understandably-limited spare time, you could offer a screen-cap?

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
I've had trouble with Safari for Windows and justification. Basically, the
"Catch Page" is a table 100% in height (which, naturally, vertically-aligns
smaller content.) I do a little bit of diddlin' for browser errors but
don't see anything that should cause a problem in that area. Perhaps in
your understandably-limited spare time, you could offer a screen-cap?

Yes, it is true. I am very busy and important, I have enough time to
grab a screen shot for you and still make it for coffee and croissants
and my daily tete a tete with jk (he lets me call him Jukka in the
privacy of his kf). Ignore the deliberate choice to make the screenshot
with few colours (to cut the file size down)

<http://netweaver.com.au/alt/boji777.png>

btw. Does this shot add any info to my initial description?

Neredbojias

Yes, it is true. I am very busy and important, I have enough time to
grab a screen shot for you and still make it for coffee and croissants
and my daily tete a tete with jk (he lets me call him Jukka in the
privacy of his kf). Ignore the deliberate choice to make the
screenshot with few colours (to cut the file size down)

<http://netweaver.com.au/alt/boji777.png>

btw. Does this shot add any info to my initial description?

Well thanks for the shot...

The only thing I can say is there must be something wrong with Safari 2 for
Macs. I know it sounds egotistical, but the page validates and seems to
work everywhere else. If the image were "stuck at" the top, I could see
some reasoning behind that problem, but the bottom...? Oh, one thought,
though. Maybe it's because you're in Australia. <grin>

Regarding initial description, I just wanted to see it. A picture is worth
a thousand words, you know.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well thanks for the shot...

The only thing I can say is there must be something wrong with Safari 2 for
Macs. I know it sounds egotistical, but the page validates and seems to
work everywhere else. If the image were "stuck at" the top, I could see
some reasoning behind that problem, but the bottom...? Oh, one thought,
though. Maybe it's because you're in Australia. <grin>

In Mac IE5 there is a complete no show of your enlargements. I have been
making very deep investigations into the essense of the canvas and I am
getting a strong feeling for this mysterious necessarily almost
invisible object and I can sense the pictures are there out of viewport.

Regarding initial description, I just wanted to see it. A picture is worth
a thousand words, you know.

The truth is you don't trust the slippery words of a 4" high martian.

Neredbojias

In Mac IE5 there is a complete no show of your enlargements. I have
been making very deep investigations into the essense of the canvas
and I am getting a strong feeling for this mysterious necessarily
almost invisible object and I can sense the pictures are there out of
viewport.

That's no surprise; it probably doesn't work in Windows IE 5, either.
Moreover, the thumbs page is supposed to be locked-out of IE6 and below, so
if you're getting anything in IE5, it's a fluke compiled on a fluke. (Just
look at the css.)
The truth is you don't trust the slippery words of a 4" high martian.

Don't feel bad; I don't even trust Earthlings.