Shameless Thanks and Plug - OT

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neredbojias, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Neredbojias, Mar 26, 2008

  2. Neredbojias

    John Hosking Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > Hey, someone uploaded another pic to my visitor page at:
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.com/_u2/qusri.php
    >
    > Thanks fellah/gal. It's a nice image.

    You mean the one with the great big horse's patoot? Or is that a donkey?

    Um, okay. Real purty.

    BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

    --
    John
    I always admire a nice ass...
    John Hosking, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <47eaf809$>,
    John Hosking <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    > > Hey, someone uploaded another pic to my visitor page at:
    > >
    > > http://www.neredbojias.com/_u2/qusri.php
    > >
    > > Thanks fellah/gal. It's a nice image.
    > >

    > You mean the one with the great big horse's patoot? Or is that a donkey?
    >
    > Um, okay. Real purty.
    >
    > BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

    And why do the enlargements sometimes appear at the bottom of the
    window? Is there a need to provide for cursor in your css (as you do).

    (Those are horses, John)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 27, 2008
  4. Neredbojias

    rf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <47eaf809$>,
    > John Hosking <> wrote:
    >
    >> > http://www.neredbojias.com/_u2/qusri.php

    > (Those are horses, John)

    Hey, is that my roo in there? I didn't think there were any roos in New
    Zealand!

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Mar 27, 2008
  5. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <JXDGj.3120$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    > > (Those are horses, John)

    > Hey, is that my roo in there? I didn't think there were any roos in New
    > Zealand!

    Funny you should say this because I was about to say that I strongly
    suspected this pic was from you, old boy!

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 27, 2008
  6. Neredbojias

    rf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <JXDGj.3120$>,
    > "rf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >> > (Those are horses, John)

    >> Hey, is that my roo in there? I didn't think there were any roos in New
    >> Zealand!

    > Funny you should say this because I was about to say that I strongly
    > suspected this pic was from you, old boy!

    Nope. My roo us much more laid back, and has just been uploaded.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Mar 27, 2008
  7. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 26 Mar 2008, John Hosking <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> Hey, someone uploaded another pic to my visitor page at:
    >>
    >> http://www.neredbojias.com/_u2/qusri.php
    >>
    >> Thanks fellah/gal. It's a nice image.
    >>

    > You mean the one with the great big horse's patoot? Or is that a donkey?
    >
    > Um, okay. Real purty.

    Actually at that point I was referring the the 'dscn...' one, a vale. But
    beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I'm sure some horses' patoots are
    attractive to those who appreciate a good equine posterior in its original
    form...

    > BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

    Oops, I dun screwed up. Will have to fix that on the next go-around.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Mar 27, 2008
  8. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 26 Mar 2008, dorayme <> wrote:

    >> BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

    > And why do the enlargements sometimes appear at the bottom of the
    > window?

    Er, I'm not sure what you mean. The "catch page" is the normal one for the
    site; it provides vertical centering which may be fouling up in your
    browser. What browser and version?

    > Is there a need to provide for cursor in your css (as you do).

    I don't like the I-beam which appears in some browsers because the pics are
    justified and essentially like a line of text. However, the override
    should have been cursor:default; not cursor:pointer;

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Mar 27, 2008
  9. Neredbojias

    Ed Jay Guest

    rf scribed:

    >"dorayme" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <JXDGj.3120$>,
    >> "rf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey, is that my roo in there? I didn't think there were any roos in New
    >>> Zealand!

    >> Funny you should say this because I was about to say that I strongly
    >> suspected this pic was from you, old boy!

    >Nope. My roo us much more laid back, and has just been uploaded.

    He needs to be holding a Fosters. :)
    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Mar 27, 2008
  10. Neredbojias

    rf Guest

    "Ed Jay" <> wrote in message
    > rf scribed:
    >

    >>"dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >>> Funny you should say this because I was about to say that I strongly
    >>> suspected this pic was from you, old boy!

    >>Nope. My roo us much more laid back, and has just been uploaded.

    > He needs to be holding a Fosters. :)

    Real Australians don't drink Fosters. Especially the rubbish the sell in the
    U S of A :)

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Mar 27, 2008
  11. Neredbojias

    Ed Jay Guest

    rf scribed:

    >"Ed Jay" <> wrote in message
    >> rf scribed:
    >>

    >>>"dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >>>Nope. My roo us much more laid back, and has just been uploaded.

    >> He needs to be holding a Fosters. :)

    >Real Australians don't drink Fosters. Especially the rubbish the sell in the
    >U S of A :)

    You've shattered my truth in advertising beliefs. :))

    That's why I drink wine. By coincidence, tonight was a McClaren Vale Shiraz.
    Is Australia still suffering drought? Are they slaughtering wool-bearing
    sheep for meat? I'm seeing a lot of Australian lamb (mutton?) for sale here.
    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Mar 27, 2008
  12. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A6DE226C4ADCneredbojiasnano@85.214.90.236>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > On 26 Mar 2008, dorayme <> wrote:
    >
    > >> BTW: Why is my cursor a pointer over the entire page? (FF)

    > > And why do the enlargements sometimes appear at the bottom of the
    > > window?

    > Er, I'm not sure what you mean. The "catch page" is the normal one for the
    > site; it provides vertical centering which may be fouling up in your
    > browser. What browser and version?

    Safari 2

    dorayme, Mar 27, 2008
  13. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <rrGGj.3184$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > > He needs to be holding a Fosters. :)

    > Real Australians don't drink Fosters. Especially the rubbish the sell in the
    > U S of A :)

    Too bloody right!

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 27, 2008
  14. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 26 Mar 2008, dorayme <> wrote:

    >> > And why do the enlargements sometimes appear at the bottom of the
    >> > window?

    >> Er, I'm not sure what you mean. The "catch page" is the normal one
    >> for the site; it provides vertical centering which may be fouling up
    >> in your browser. What browser and version?
    >>

    > Safari 2

    I've had trouble with Safari for Windows and justification. Basically, the
    "Catch Page" is a table 100% in height (which, naturally, vertically-aligns
    smaller content.) I do a little bit of diddlin' for browser errors but
    don't see anything that should cause a problem in that area. Perhaps in
    your understandably-limited spare time, you could offer a screen-cap?

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Mar 27, 2008
  15. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A6E64AF1EAC5neredbojiasnano@85.214.90.236>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > >> Er, I'm not sure what you mean. The "catch page" is the normal one
    > >> for the site; it provides vertical centering which may be fouling up
    > >> in your browser. What browser and version?
    > >>

    > > Safari 2

    > I've had trouble with Safari for Windows and justification. Basically, the
    > "Catch Page" is a table 100% in height (which, naturally, vertically-aligns
    > smaller content.) I do a little bit of diddlin' for browser errors but
    > don't see anything that should cause a problem in that area. Perhaps in
    > your understandably-limited spare time, you could offer a screen-cap?

    Yes, it is true. I am very busy and important, I have enough time to
    grab a screen shot for you and still make it for coffee and croissants
    and my daily tete a tete with jk (he lets me call him Jukka in the
    privacy of his kf). Ignore the deliberate choice to make the screenshot
    with few colours (to cut the file size down)

    <http://netweaver.com.au/alt/boji777.png>

    btw. Does this shot add any info to my initial description?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 27, 2008
  16. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 27 Mar 2008, dorayme <> wrote:

    >> > Safari 2

    >> I've had trouble with Safari for Windows and justification.
    >> Basically, the "Catch Page" is a table 100% in height (which,
    >> naturally, vertically-aligns smaller content.) I do a little bit of
    >> diddlin' for browser errors but don't see anything that should cause
    >> a problem in that area. Perhaps in your understandably-limited spare
    >> time, you could offer a screen-cap?

    > Yes, it is true. I am very busy and important, I have enough time to
    > grab a screen shot for you and still make it for coffee and croissants
    > and my daily tete a tete with jk (he lets me call him Jukka in the
    > privacy of his kf). Ignore the deliberate choice to make the
    > screenshot with few colours (to cut the file size down)
    >
    > <http://netweaver.com.au/alt/boji777.png>
    >
    > btw. Does this shot add any info to my initial description?

    Well thanks for the shot...

    The only thing I can say is there must be something wrong with Safari 2 for
    Macs. I know it sounds egotistical, but the page validates and seems to
    work everywhere else. If the image were "stuck at" the top, I could see
    some reasoning behind that problem, but the bottom...? Oh, one thought,
    though. Maybe it's because you're in Australia. <grin>

    Regarding initial description, I just wanted to see it. A picture is worth
    a thousand words, you know.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Mar 28, 2008
  17. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A6ECA20C26Aneredbojiasnano@85.214.90.236>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > >> I've had trouble with Safari for Windows and justification.
    > >> Basically, the "Catch Page" is a table 100% in height (which,
    > >> naturally, vertically-aligns smaller content.) I do a little bit of
    > >> diddlin' for browser errors but don't see anything that should cause
    > >> a problem in that area. Perhaps in your understandably-limited spare
    > >> time, you could offer a screen-cap?

    > > Yes, it is true. I am very busy and important, I have enough time to
    > > grab a screen shot for you and still make it for coffee and croissants
    > > and my daily tete a tete with jk (he lets me call him Jukka in the
    > > privacy of his kf). Ignore the deliberate choice to make the
    > > screenshot with few colours (to cut the file size down)
    > >
    > > <http://netweaver.com.au/alt/boji777.png>
    > >
    > > btw. Does this shot add any info to my initial description?

    > Well thanks for the shot...
    >
    > The only thing I can say is there must be something wrong with Safari 2 for
    > Macs. I know it sounds egotistical, but the page validates and seems to
    > work everywhere else. If the image were "stuck at" the top, I could see
    > some reasoning behind that problem, but the bottom...? Oh, one thought,
    > though. Maybe it's because you're in Australia. <grin>

    In Mac IE5 there is a complete no show of your enlargements. I have been
    making very deep investigations into the essense of the canvas and I am
    getting a strong feeling for this mysterious necessarily almost
    invisible object and I can sense the pictures are there out of viewport.

    > Regarding initial description, I just wanted to see it. A picture is worth
    > a thousand words, you know.

    The truth is you don't trust the slippery words of a 4" high martian.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 28, 2008
  18. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 27 Mar 2008, dorayme <> wrote:

    >> The only thing I can say is there must be something wrong with Safari
    >> 2 for Macs. I know it sounds egotistical, but the page validates and
    >> seems to work everywhere else. If the image were "stuck at" the top,
    >> I could see some reasoning behind that problem, but the bottom...?
    >> Oh, one thought, though. Maybe it's because you're in Australia.
    >> <grin>
    >>

    > In Mac IE5 there is a complete no show of your enlargements. I have
    > been making very deep investigations into the essense of the canvas
    > and I am getting a strong feeling for this mysterious necessarily
    > almost invisible object and I can sense the pictures are there out of
    > viewport.

    That's no surprise; it probably doesn't work in Windows IE 5, either.
    Moreover, the thumbs page is supposed to be locked-out of IE6 and below, so
    if you're getting anything in IE5, it's a fluke compiled on a fluke. (Just
    look at the css.)

    >> Regarding initial description, I just wanted to see it. A picture is
    >> worth a thousand words, you know.

    > The truth is you don't trust the slippery words of a 4" high martian.

    Don't feel bad; I don't even trust Earthlings.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Mar 28, 2008