Share Global.asa

RN1

Can more than one application (on the same server) share the same
Global.asa file? If not, then why?

Thanks,

Ron

Anthony Jones

RN1 said:
Can more than one application (on the same server) share the same
Global.asa file? If not, then why?

I've never tried it but one way that would happen is if you create two
applications to whose physical home directory is the same physical folder.
They would clearly share the Global.asa as well as whatever else is in the
folder.

Personally if I had code I wanted shared by multiple applications I would
place that code in include files in a folder, add the folder to each
application as a virtual folder then use #include virtual="..." to include
this library code in whatever asp code files needed them.

Bear in mind in neither case would the two applications share values stored
in the application object (just in case you might be thinking that.)