    Global.asa file? If not, then why?

    Thanks,

    Ron

    RN1, Dec 24, 2007

  2. RN1 wrote:
    > Can more than one application (on the same server) share the same
    > Global.asa file?

    No.

    > If not, then why?

    Because that's the way it is <shrug>

    You should bookmark this:

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 24, 2007

  3. "RN1" <> wrote in message
    > Can more than one application (on the same server) share the same
    > Global.asa file? If not, then why?

    I've never tried it but one way that would happen is if you create two
    applications to whose physical home directory is the same physical folder.
    They would clearly share the Global.asa as well as whatever else is in the
    folder.

    Personally if I had code I wanted shared by multiple applications I would
    place that code in include files in a folder, add the folder to each
    application as a virtual folder then use #include virtual="..." to include
    this library code in whatever asp code files needed them.

    Bear in mind in neither case would the two applications share values stored
    in the application object (just in case you might be thinking that.)

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Dec 24, 2007