Share user control across applications

mg

I took the following steps to share a user control across
applications but was unsuccessful.

WebUserControl:

<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false"
ClassName="WebUserControl1" %>

WebUserControl.ascx placed in C:\Inetpub\Q

In Internet Information Services:

New / Virtual Directory

Alias: Q
Directory: C:\Inetpub\Q

Properties: Remove Q

WebForm:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="HDR" TagName="Head"
Src="Q/WebUserControl1.ascx" %>

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebFormASCX.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Deploy.WebFormASCX" %>

Running the WebForm results in the following error message:

Parser Error Message: Could not find a part of the
path "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Deploy\Q\WebUserControl1.ascx".

Hermit Dave

there was a similar post a few days back....
one of the guys did share a good link...
it said something bout placing the user controls and marking that directory
as a virtual directory under your project.

HTH

HD