share WebUserControls between asp.net projects?

Craig Buchanan

Is it possible to share webuser controls between asp.net projects? If so,
what is the downside to doing this?

Currently, I'm copying objects. I was hoping for a better way.

Thanks,

Craig Buchanan

Karl Seguin

AFAIK, web user controls aren't easily shared. They aren't meant for
this...copying is the best approach, which means you hax nX times the code
to maintain. The only better way I know of is to convert your user control
to a server control.

Karl

Janaka

You can compile your code into a composite control although this would still
require copying the dll unless you want to place this in the GAC.