Shared Connection Class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harris, May 11, 2004.

  1. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm new to ASP.Net, I have a basic page that connects to and displays data
    from an Access DB. I'd like to place the connection in a user class library,
    and be able to open the connection, passing variables to my class (Like SQL
    Server name, Database name ...etc)

    Can anyone point me to a tutorial, or get me started with this?

    Thanks!

    Simon.

    --
    -
    * Please reply to group for the benefit of all

    Simon Harris, May 11, 2004

  2. Simon Harris

    Darren Clark Guest

    Run one of the samples from microsoft..

    ispy or Duwamish or FMStocks7

    You will find them C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\Enterprise Samples

    has some good and bad code examples in there for most things.

    Darren Clark, May 11, 2004

  3. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    "Darren Clark" <> wrote in message
    > Run one of the samples from microsoft..
    >
    > ispy or Duwamish or FMStocks7
    >
    > You will find them C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    > 2003\Enterprise Samples
    >
    > has some good and bad code examples in there for most things.
    >

    > "Simon Harris" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I'm new to ASP.Net, I have a basic page that connects to and displays

    data
    > > from an Access DB. I'd like to place the connection in a user class

    > library,
    > > and be able to open the connection, passing variables to my class (Like

    > SQL
    > > Server name, Database name ...etc)
    > >
    > > Can anyone point me to a tutorial, or get me started with this?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Simon.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -
    > > * Please reply to group for the benefit of all
    > > * Found the answer to your own question? Post it!
    > > * Get a useful reply to one of your posts?...post an answer to another

    one
    > > * Search first, post later : http://www.google.co.uk/groups
    > > * Want my email address? Ask me in a post...Cos2MuchSpamMakesUFat!

    Thanks for your reply Darren, but I cannot seem to locate the samples.

    I do not have a folder 'enterprise samples' under c:\program files\etc..., I
    thought perhaps I had not installed the samples, so checked using add/remove
    programs, and I DO have the .Net framework SDK along with the samples
    installed.

    Any ideas?

    Simon Harris, May 12, 2004