Shared dll between Asp.net and Windows Form

Alphapage

Hello,

I have a dll that I want to share between Asp.Net and Windows Form.
The dll code is something like this:
public List<string> list;
public void Init()
{
list=new List<string>();
}

My Asp.net website initializes the generic list on page load, and when I
click the button on my webpage, I add a new string to the list
(list.Add("test")). No problem.

Now, from my Windows Form app I use a foreach to display all the string in
the list and here comes the problem.
I can't access the list that was running by my asp.net website from my
Windows form app.

How can I share that between Asp.Net and Windows Form ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Munna

Hi,

Asp.net application and you winform application running in two
different app domain..
this not likely that you will access list of asp.net process from a
windows client directly..
make a webclient request to the asp.net application to a perticular
handler and handler should return the list as a string array
parse the request and make a list in winform client...

regards

Munna

Jay

Munna said:
Hi,

Asp.net application and you winform application running in two
different app domain..
this not likely that you will access list of asp.net process from a
windows client directly..
make a webclient request to the asp.net application to a perticular
handler and handler should return the list as a string array
parse the request and make a list in winform client...

regards

Munna

or persist the list items data in a database and have both apps query the
database for the items.

Jay

Alphapage

Thanks,

The only way would be to do some kind of interprocess connection using IPC
channel or query a db or query the webpage as you suggest

Am I right ?