Shared Global variable

coderr

hi folks,
i have a simple question, I need a mechanism like Application State, a
global variable in the memory which is shared by all clients and also
i want to access it from a different PROCESS on the same server??

Another question: Is there a memory location (or a live object)
accessible from all websites on a single machine (global to ISS)??

i can solve above problems by using disk files(IO) as shared resources
or .NET Remoting etc. but i wonder if there a simple built-in
mechanism

thanks in advance

bruce barker

the .net vm does not support this. you should use remoting or a
database. you can p/invoke and a nt shared library to do this in memory
only.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)