Shared memory across different worker processes in a web garden

domtam

Hi everybody,

As far as I understand, each worker process in a web garden (say, in
IIS 6.0) has its own copy of Cache objects, static objects and
Application(state) objects. In other words, they cannot be shared
across worker proesses.

Suppose my ASP.NET applications runs in a web garden with multiple
worker process (set in IIS 6.0 manager / Application Pool / Performance
tab / Web Garden). Is there any easy way that I can share some
data/objects in memory across these worker processes?

As mentioned earlier, putting these data in cache, static or
application state doesn't really solve the problem. I could put the
data in file because the file can always be shared across worker
processes, but I don't want to do that because file accessing is kinda
slow.

Is there something like "memory-based file" thing in .NET? I know there
is MemoryStream, but where should I put this MemoryStream?

Do I need to do marshaling across app domain???? Is it an overkill?

Any better way?

Thanks
Dom