Shared memory & Semaphores

Mehmet Turker

Hi;
In a research project, I want to use shared memory with semaphores.
First I have to create an environment for interprocess messaging. I'm
thinking of having a main process which creates a big shared memory
and manage all messages which are sent by objects inside the
environment. Is this method effective for a high loaded messaging
area? I heard about using ports can cause loss of data.
And, is it ok to have a main process which will get all the messages
and distribute them to target processes?

Mehmet

Irrwahn Grausewitz

Hi;
In a research project, I want to use shared memory with semaphores.
First I have to create an environment for interprocess messaging. I'm
thinking of having a main process which creates a big shared memory
and manage all messages which are sent by objects inside the
environment. Is this method effective for a high loaded messaging
area? I heard about using ports can cause loss of data.
And, is it ok to have a main process which will get all the messages
and distribute them to target processes?

You should post your question in an OS specific news-group; ISO-C has no
notion of InterProcessCommunication.

And please read the c.l.c welcome-message

http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

and the c.l.c-faq

before posting here, thank you.

Regards