Sharepoint like "uploads"

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by TomB, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. TomB

    TomB Guest

    I finally saw a sharepoint demonstration and was impressed with the way it
    works with Office applications.

    Other than that, I don't have much use for it. So I was wondering if anyone
    knew what was involved in setting up a similar thing in ASP code?

    The idea being that a template is available on the site, the user clicks on
    it and the appropriate application opens. When the user saves the file it's
    default "Save To" folder is a Network place, on the sharepoint server.

    I figured I'd just create a virutal directory in IIS, give everyone write
    access to it then away I'd go. I can connect to the network place, but I
    can't save to it.

    I've configured the Virtual Directory as "Write" and set NTFS to Full Access
    (for me) and Authentication is Windows.

    Any idea what I'm missing?

    Thanks
    Tom B