sharepoint wss, cms 2002 and vs 2003 on windows 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by laks, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. laks

    laks Guest

    I had installed windows 2003, then wss, then vs .net and then cms 2002
    sp1a std ed.

    The applicatino pool was set by default is spsAppPool1.

    CMS was not working. I installed connector and both cms and sharepoint
    work.

    I tried to start working with my CMS project using VS .NET 2003.
    I got:
    Unable to create web project....
    the two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404.

    I change the default pool to Default App Pool from SpsAppPool1 and I
    get the following..

    Unable to create web project....
    the two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 403 access
    forbidden.

    I had gone thru most of the recommendations and applied them except
    starting from reloading the os.

    One more observation is, I tried to create a simple a.htm file in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ and access it thru the browser and get the error
    403: access forbidden error

    Can CMS 2002 Sharepoint and VS .NET work together.
    Do we have to change the application pool between Default App Pool,
    StsAppPool1 while working on CMS2002 and sharepoint and VS.NET?

    Any documentation on how these three are supposed to work together..

    I am posting this in other related boards as well. But if any one
    working on CMS2002 knows answers to this issue can please respond.
    many thanks
    laks

    laks, Dec 18, 2004