Shariing session across domains

Bhaskardeep Khaund

Hi,

I have a site whose login is based on cookie based sessions. I have a
section of the site which is a sub-domain of the main site. So, naturally
both would have different IP addresses.....how i want, that when a user logs
in to main site, he should automatically be logged in the sub sites. That
is, thy should be able to share the session variables. How do i do that.

Rgds,
Bhaskardeep

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Bhaskardeep,

See there http://groups.google.com/group/micr...1f3844a2/e8c5b4eb44f1f21d?en#e8c5b4eb44f1f21d

BK> Hi,
BK>
BK> I have a site whose login is based on cookie based sessions. I have
BK> a section of the site which is a sub-domain of the main site. So,
BK> naturally both would have different IP addresses.....how i want,
BK> that when a user logs in to main site, he should automatically be
BK> logged in the sub sites. That is, thy should be able to share the
BK> session variables. How do i do that.
BK>
BK> Rgds,
BK> Bhaskardeep
---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

Bhaskardeep Khaund

Hi Michael,

Thaks a lot for the link....well, I suppose the best way of doing is using
user based cookies, though the downside is, if the user disables cookies. I
thought of using cookieless sessions, which passes the session id in query
string, but that would be not suitable for SEO purpose. Can it be like,
first I check if the user has enables cookie in the browser, if yes i can
continue using user cookies or else i can use a cookie less session.....

Thx,
Bhaskardeep