Sharing ASPNET security

Gerhard

I have two web sites, both virtual sites under IIS6. One is a .net 3.5 web
site that uses forms based authentication. The other is a .net 4.0
Silverlight Business Application that uses RIA Services and forms
authentication. They both go against the same authentication database, and I
would like them to share security, so going from one to the other does not
require a new login. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Roy Tian [MSFT]

--Sincerely,
Roy Tian
Microsoft Online Support

Roy Tian [MSFT]

Hello Gerhard,
Thank you for posting.
Form your post, I think your problem belongs to Single Sign-on Cross
Domains and Platforms. There have two cases, one is Single Sign-on Within a
Sub Domain, and the other is Single Sign-on Within a Second Level Domain.
The article below discusses the methodology and implementation of single
sign-on cross domains or platforms using ASP.NET Forms authentication in
conjunction with ASP.NET web services. It also discusses the methodology of
transferring user data to an application located at a different domain or
platform during the authentication process. Although being highly
simplified, it provides a good starting point for developing your own
single sign-on authentication solutions.
Please check the following link:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SingleSignon.aspx
Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.
--
Sincerely,
Roy Tian

Roy Tian [MSFT]

Hello Gerhard,

Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.