sharing control data between pages

Carlos

Hi all,

what is the best way to share the data of lets say a textbox text between
pages?
for example if I fill the textbox in one page and later redirect to a new
page, and
I would like to have that information there as well (VB). Thanks in advance.

Carlos.

TarTar

Hello Carlos,

My personal favourite for passing information between pages is
HttpServerUtility.Transfer().
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y4k58xk7(VS.80).aspx
"Transfer method preserves the QueryString and Form collections." It means
you can access previous page's view state.

If you use ASP.NET 2.0, google for "Cross-Page Postings" and the PostBackUrl
property.

Cheers,
Leszek "TarTar"

Carlos