Sharing EJB and notifying client

Discussion in 'Java' started by Taki, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Taki

    Taki Guest

    Hi,

    I am developing an online chess-like game on JBoss (using EJB).
    The clients are both an applet and an application, and they connect
    SessionFacade session bean directly.

    The problems I'm having are:

    1. How can I notify the opponent player when a player does his turn?
    The only way I can think of is to share an entity bean called game, and
    it acts as an observable (clients are observers). However, I have read
    books about entity beans, and since my game entity bean will be a
    coarse-grained business object, I don't want to use entity bean to persist
    data unless that's the only way. Does anyone have any ideas?

    2. The problem1 can be solved if a stateful session bean can be shared
    (having players as attributes of the session bean). I believe this is not
    possible, but is there any tricks so that clients can share a session bean,
    and the bean exists until both of them log out?

    Any comments will be appreciated.

    Taki

    Taki, Dec 20, 2003