sharing masterpage across two projects

Guest

Hello,
this is an asp.net 2.0 question.

I have a project that holds a master page. I want to use the same
masterpage in another web project. It seems like this is not possible.
Anybody know how to work around this?
thx in advance!

Guest

thx for the quick response...it would be nice not to copy to another project
since this would mean maintaining two copies...any other way?

Juan T. Llibre

Not unless you use osmosis... ;-)
Applications can't talk to each other.

Think of it as *one* instance per application.

Scott Allen

Some people are using virtual directory tricks to share a master page
across two apps, but I feel this is brittle.

As Juan said, another approach is to copy the file to the new project.

A good source control tool will allow you to "share" the file between
projects such that an update to the file with update in both projects.