Sharing projects

Micke Palm

Hi there...

What do you recommend for us.

We are a team who working in .NET (vb/asp) and we are using VSS, but
sometimes we get problem with read only folders or files.
We also have problem when we are building .dll files and need to synchronize
all files.

Can SharePoint Team Services help us to make a safer programming or any
other application?

/regards, Micke

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The best suggestion is to get used to the check in >> get latest >> compile
cycle. SharePoint helps with documentation, et al, but is not a source
solution. If SS does not work for you, the best option is to move up to a
more full featured product (ie, $$$$) that has more bells and whistles.

The best bet for team development is have one team member set up the site
and then make sure the rest of the team checks out into the same directory
structure (including the exact same path on their machine). Then, the
solution files do not get out of sync and cause FUBARs. You may have to go
back to rebuild the solution successfully on one machine and then repeat on
other machines in the same exact manner.

On my latest project, I checked out the files. Then, I right clicked, in
Windows Explorer, and made a web share. From there, I opened the solution
and go it resynched with the correct local URL. It was a matter of repeating
these steps on all dev boxes to get everyone off of my toes (and visa
versa). Since then, we have had no issues.

Micke Palm

Ok, thanks...

Do you have any suggest of better program with more features ??

/micke