    I have a web application. I would like to deploy it to a virtual folder on a
    larger site. I have read that the session won't be shared is this correct,
    are there any alternatives, and area there any other considerations.

    Fresno Bob, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Correct. Each IIS application is a separate appDomain, and Session is
    application-specific. You could try setting up StateServer or SQLServer for
    your sessions, but there will still be some other issues to solve.

    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Jan 14, 2008

  3. Hello Fresno,

    the best way is to use 3rd part tools, like ScaleOut and etc.
    But actually you can implement the same functionality manually, but it takes
    a lot of time

    read my article about the ways to implement this: http://laflour.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7575E2FFC19135B4!355.entry?&_c02_owner=1

    ---
    WBR,