Sharing SSL and login secuirty between a .NET 1.1 and 2.0 sites? SSLpassthrough ??

wildman

RE: Sharing SSL and login secuirty between a .NET 1.1 and 2.0 sites?
SSL passthrough ??

We have an older site under .NET 1.1 running with an SSL certificate.
Lets just say it;s not under my control and I can't touch it.

We've developed some outside new functionality in .NET 2.0 on a
seperate site we thought would be intranet only, but now they want it
under the umbrella of the older site, while making minimal changes to
the original site.

What's the best way to

1. Share the current SSL certificate?

2. piggieback off the loggin from the original site? meaning, my new
site/pages can only be seen after login.

Say there is a page in the old site that that is no loger used.That
page is only accessable after you log in (form/db loggin) and that
page is under SSL as well. I don't have access to that page's
codebehind(.vb), but I can replace it with a simple 1.1 page with
iframe, or redirect.

My new site can be on the same server, but obviously can't be called
from the old site. If I try i naturally get errors, for example, issue
with the web.config not being 1.1 compatible.

Thanks for any help or information.