Sharing User Controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Vlade, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. Vlade

    Vlade Guest

    I have built a asp.net web project with site wide user controls.
    These controls will be used as the top and bottom of every page we
    make.

    I have the project (which is basically 1 vb class file, 2 user
    controls, and 1 aspx page) in VSS now.

    THE QUESTION: How do I allow users to pull download the project from
    the VSS Server for use in their own local apps, AND THEN SAVE THEIR
    NEW ADDED PAGES (along with the controls) AS A NEW VSS PROJECT ??
    I basically want to pull it down from the server, and do a 'Save as'
    to a new project name in vss. When I try to save this, VSS wants to
    overwrite the controls project rather than save it as a new project
    that just uses the controls.

    I've been using VSS & VS.net properly for months, but under this
    scenario, I'm not sure how to use VSS/VS.net to properly pull that
    off.

    Thanks!

    Vlade, Jun 1, 2004