  1. After a ASP page call a DLL I cant't delete the DLL anymore.
    "There has been a sharing violation file may be in use"

    please help

    Carlos Azevedo, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Carlos Azevedo

    Steven Burn Guest

    Are you destroying the object after you have created it?

    e.g.

    Set objSomething = Server.CreateObject("Whatever")

    '// rest of your script

    Set objSomething = Nothing

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 1, 2004

  3. If you are not using COM+, the DLL is loaded into IIS process space. If you
    have registered the DLL with COM+, the DLL is loaded into a COM+ process
    until it releases it (3 mins default).

    So, depending on how you have registered the DLL, you can either

    1. Stop IIS process, which releases the DLL. (use iisreset.exe)
    2. Shutdown the COM+ package

    After this, you should be able to delete the DLL. But before you do,
    unregister it to avoid missing references.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath, Oct 1, 2004